Spring 2021 On-Campus Student Employment Guidelines
In accordance with University guidance, undergraduate student employment during Spring 2021 should be conducted remotely whenever possible. Departments whose operations require on-campus student employees must follow these guidelines:
1) Employing departments must first receive approval to work on campus through Environmental Health and Safety (EHS)
- Student employees are not permitted to work on-site if their hiring department does not have an EHS reviewed and approved on-campus work resumption plan. If you have questions about your department’s resumption plan please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hiring departments may be asked to provide a copy of their resumption plans to Student Employment. Additionally, departments may be asked to update these plans to include student employees, with regard to workspace locations and occupancy levels.
2) All undergraduate student employment positions must be registered through the JobX Student Employment portal. As part of registration, employing departments must indicate whether the position is remote or on-campus.
- On-campus, in-person undergraduate jobs will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and are not guaranteed approval. Jobs requiring routine, close physical contact (defined as within 6 feet of others for more than 15 minutes cumulatively per workday) are prohibited.
3) Undergraduate students who comply with the University’s asymptomatic COVID testing protocol and who have signed the University Social Contract may participate in on-campus employment after completing their arrival quarantine.
- Undergraduates who do not meet the requirements above are expressly prohibited from accepting employment on campus.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
Last updated December 14, 2020