Apply for Aid
Note: The 2024-25 PFAA will open around March 15, 2024. The deadline for submission of the PFAA and supporting documentation will be May 1, 2024.
The instructions below are for currently enrolled students for the 2023-24 academic year. If you are a prospective applicant to Princeton, please visit the admission & aid website.
- Complete the Princeton Financial Aid Application
- Log in to Financial Aid for Current Undergraduates to complete the PFAA online.
- We recommend you review the tips for submitting the online application.
- If not previously submitted, upload a copy of your parents' 2021 tax return and W-2 statements
- Once you submit the PFAA, you will be able to upload tax documents. The required document may be uploaded in the appropriate field. You can use the "other" document type to upload additional documents.
- The federal income tax return upload should be signed and include all schedules, W-2 statements, and K-1s if applicable. Business tax returns are also required.
- If your parents do not file a U.S. tax return, review the additional aid application requirements to determine which documents to upload.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- If you are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, you are required to submit the FAFSA as part of your aid application.
- Be sure to include Princeton's Federal School Code, 002627, on the form to ensure we receive your completed FAFSA.
- Submit non-custodial parent information
- If your parents are divorced, separated or unmarried and living in separate households, and your custodial parent is not remarried, you are required to complete the Non-custodial Parent Form or Non-custodial Parent Waiver Request Form to be considered for need-based aid at Princeton. If a waiver has been granted in a prior year, you do not have to submit a waiver request in any subsequent year.
- For more information, including copies of the forms, review the additional aid application requirements.