Prior to Working
Our office will be tabling in the Frist Campus Center to complete I-9s on the following days:
When: 2:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Tuesday, Feb 6th
Thursday, Feb 15th
Friday, Feb 23rd
Where: Frist 100 (near the welcome desk & cafe)
The following documents must be completed in order for you to be hired as a student employee.
The Form I-9 - required
After being offered a job, you must complete an I-9 form to confirm your work eligibility. You should not begin work prior to completing the I-9. Please review the steps below, paying careful attention to the document(s) needed to complete the I-9.
Your supervisor must initiate the hiring process in JobX before you can complete your I-9 form.
1. After your supervisor has initiated a hire for you, complete page 1 of the "I-9 Form" using the electronic link on your JobX Dashboard.
- If you do not see a link to the I-9 form, please contact your supervisor and ask them to initiate the hiring process.
- Note: After completing page one of the I-9, keep clicking “Next” on the bottom of pages one through three. If you did not use a preparer or translator, click "I did not use a preparer or translator" on page three. Click "Next" again and then click “Submit Form” on the bottom of the final page (page four).
2. Gather supporting documents and bring them with you to campus.
- Copies or scans of documents are not acceptable.
3. Bring your documents to the Student Employment Office
Where: Helm Building, 330 Alexander Street, Princeton, NJ 08540 (4th Floor)
When: Mondays - Fridays - 8:45AM - 5:00PM (please arrive 15 minutes early if you are coming at the end of the day)
Note: The Student Employment Office office is about a 20-minute walk from campus, but is also accessible via the Number 2 and 4 shuttle lines. You can view the real time shuttle schedule here. Most student employees only need to complete the I-9 form once during their time at Princeton.
The W-4 - required
The W-4, found in TigerHub, must also be completed prior to employment. The University does not provide tax advice. However, for general questions regarding the form W-4, contact email@example.com or visit the Payroll website.
Direct Deposit - strongly recommended
While not required, we strongly recommend that all student employees participate in direct deposit. To enroll, please log in to your JobX Dashboard and click the link next to Direct Deposit.
Working Papers – required for students under 18
Students who wish to work prior to their 18th birthday must complete working papers before they can start their campus jobs. Please review our instructions for details.