International Students (Undergraduates)
International students who have completed an I-9 and are eligible to work are limited to 20 hours of work per week during term time. International students may work full-time during breaks in the academic calendar (fall recess, Thanksgiving recess, wintersession, spring recess, and summer vacation).
Applying for a Social Security Number for Undergraduate Students (SSN):
Details of the SSN application process can be found on the Davis International Center website. A brief summary is listed below:
- The student must be hired by the University.
- The student must complete an I-9 form.
- The student must request an Employment Confirmation Letter from the Student Employment Office.
- After receiving the employment confirmation letter, the student must submit an SSN Student Document Request to the Davis International Center via TigerNav
- The student must apply for a Social Security Number (SSN) at the Social Security Office. Please visit the Davis Center website for details.
Davis Center: Transportation to Social Security Office (Trenton)
The Davis IC will be providing transportation to and from the Social Security Administration office in Trenton on Thursday, September 28 and Friday, September 29. Students and scholars who are eligible to apply for a Social Security Number (SSN) or those requesting a Denial Letter (only needed for those not eligible for an SSN and planning to apply for a drivers license) may sign up for a slot via Eventbrite.
Spots are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please carefully review all eligibility criteria on our website and only sign up for a slot if you are confident that you can attend and are eligible given the limited number of spots.