Skip Navigation

Student Health Plan

The University requires all students to have health insurance. If you are not covered under a parent's policy or the plan you have does not comply with University coverage requirements, you will have to enroll in the University Student Health Plan (SHP). Additional aid is available if you are required to enroll in the plan.

Financial aid adjustments are not automatically applied—you must request the aid adjustment and certify that you have no comparable coverage. To do so, complete the SHP Financial Aid Request Form.

If you do have health insurance that meets University requirements, but choose not to waive out of the SHP, you will be automatically enrolled and billed by University Health Services (UHS). Additional aid is not available for the SHP if you are covered but do not waive out of the plan.