Important Alerts

Financial Aid FAQ (Fall 2020)

Following the University's announcement of its plan for fall 2020, the Financial Aid Office has prepared a resource that answers common questions about the financial aid, billing, and student employment implications of the plan. Please view this resource to learn more.

Financial Aid Mail Processing

The Office of Undergraduate Financial Aid and Student Employment (UFA) is currently unable to send or receive U.S. mail. To update your financial aid application, please upload materials to your secure financial aid portal; secure fax to our office at 609-258-0336; or email to (if you are a member of the class of 2024) or (if you are a currently enrolled student).

Prior to Working

The following documents must be completed in order for you to be hired as a student employee. 

The Form I-9 - required

Note: the I-9 may only be completed after the student has received a job offer from the University. 

Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Student Employment Office is processing  I-9 forms remotely.  To complete this form, students will need to find an authorized representative to review I-9 documentation on behalf of Princeton. An authorized representative may be an adult household member, personnel officer, foremen, notary public, etc. who will verify the student employee's supporting documentation.

Our office will set up a video conference to walk the student and authorized representative through the I-9 signature process and to ensure that I-9 supporting documents are appropriate, original, and unexpired. Note: the student and authorized representative must be physically present in the same room during the I-9 appointment. The authorized representative will need to show a photo ID to the camera to verify their identity.   

Please email us providing the full name and email address of the authorized representative, along with both participants' weekday schedule availability.  Our office will then contact you to confirm an appointment time.  

The W-4 - required

The W-4, found in TigerHub, must also be completed prior to employment.   The University does not provide tax advice, however, for general questions regarding the 2020 form W-4, contact or visit the Payroll website.

Direct Deposit - strongly recommended

While not required, we strongly recommend that all student employees participate in direct deposit.  To enroll, please log in to TigerHub.

Working Papers – required for students under 18

Students who wish to work prior to their 18th birthday must complete working papers before they can start their campus jobs.  Please review our instructions for details.